Minimum entry requirements
- Minimum age: 18
- French level: B2: Upper intermediate /
- Length of study: From 1 week
- Lessons per week: 34
- Maximum class size: 12
- Typical student age: 19-58
Typical student mix:
46% European, 32% North American, 11% Far Eastern, 11% Middle Eastern
Dates and fees
- Start dates:
Tuition fees: From 360.00 EUR
Tuition length options
- Our admin fee: 49 EUR
- Enrolment fee: 80.00 EUR
- Other expenses:
The aim of the ‘French for teachers of French’, course is to give you the instructional methods and tools to help you create engaging activities and learning plans to really get your students motivated about learning the world’s greatest language. [Editors opinion only - Please don't write in and complain].
Course time is divided into two key elements:
- Perfecting your own knowledge and usage of the French language
- How to deliver effective, stimulating and exciting lessons to your students
This excellent teacher refresher course allows participants to renew, expand and improve their teaching practices through modules and workshops alongside teachers from other countries.
The fundamental purpose of the programme is to :
- Encourage you to exchange best practices through your own experience in the classroom
- Analyse new and different ways of learning and teaching in classrooms.
- Help you better understand France and its culture.
The course also includes the recent contributions of the FLE teaching process - the ‘actional perspective’ - in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference as well as discussing the diversity of teaching practices in both the public and private school system.
- 25 hours of instruction and interaction per week
- Morning Modules: 3 hour morning sessions from Monday to Friday for a total of 15 hours per week
- Afternoon Linguistic Workshops: 2 hour workshops held on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- ‘Civilisation’ Conferences: 1h30 hours sessions held Mondays, Wednesdays and 1h session on Friday
Full use of the Educational Resource Center - You’ll have access to the Institut Européen de Français’s Centre de ressources pédagogiques, with free access to the Internet by WiFi connection.
Excursions and Activities
After a hard day sharing best teaching practice why not make the most of what Montpelier has to offer. The school has a weekly excursion and activity programme which is designed to give you the chance to sample as much of the region as you can while giving you the opportunity to put into practice all that you have learnt during your class time.
The school’s cultural events team works closely with the teaching staff when developing the schedule to ensure that your educational and social programmes are complementary.
The wide variety of activities vary depending on the time of year and typically include : guided tours, bike tours, restaurant tours, excursions to cities and sites within the Languedoc region, French cinema evenings, theatre performances, sports activities, wine and cheese evenings, singing, local crafts and traditional dances
As part of your stay, you can also take advantage of a free guided tour of Montpellier each week.
Note : For European teachers, this course is eligible for grants through the Coménius and Grundtvig program - please contact us for details.