Minimum entry requirements
- Length of study: From 3 terms
- Hours per week: 20
- Maximum class size: 14
- Typical student age: 17 - 24
Typical student mix:
40% European, 50% Far Eastern, 10% Other
Dates and fees
- Start dates:
Tuition fees: From 17000.00 GBP
Tuition length options
- Our admin fee: 49 GBP
- Enrolment fee: 150.00 GBP
- Textbooks: 190.00 GBP
- Other expenses:
Why choose this course?
The International Foundation in Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Sciences leads to the award of the Foundation Certificate and combines academic study, intensive English language teaching and study skills to prepare you for entry into the first year of a university degree
As well as a guaranteed offer from the University of Exeter for successful students and full access to all the university facilities you'll benefit from:
- a quality assured university programme
- full university status
- a conditional offer of a place on the first year of a relevant undergraduate
- degree at the University of Exeter
- professional support and guidance with university applications
- the highest levels of personal care and support
Who should apply for the International Foundation in Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Sciences?
If you have completed secondary school education in your home country, this highly regarded International Foundation programme provides academic preparation for first year entry on to your chosen degree course and ensures that you meet the minimum English language requirement for entry to your chosen undergraduate degree programme.
In some circumstances you may be able to enrol on the Foundation programme in order to change your specialist subject.
What will I study?
Topics will include geometry, logarithm and exponential functions, differentiation and integration, statistics and using Microsoft Excel.
This module builds on the foundation mathematics module. Topics include algebra, trigonometry, further differentiation and integration and more statistics.
Introduction to Physical Science
You will develop an understanding of the fundamentals of physics and the inter-relationship between atomic structure and the properties of matter and how to apply these concepts to the analysis of mechanical, electrical and thermal problems.
You will also be able to choose from the following modules:
Topics will include more trigonometry, further differentiation and integration, complex numbers and mechanics.
Introduction to Management
You will be introduced to the principles of modern management through a consideration of management theories and the process of management through an investigation of culture, leadership and motivation. The range of themes extends to production, quality, communication, social responsibility, business growth and organisational change.
Introduction to Chemical Sciences
This module will develop your understanding of chemical principles and processes that are relevant to everyday laboratory work. The material will start from the fundamental principles before proceeding to more complex areas.
Where will it take me?
This course leads to the following bachelors degrees at the University of Exeter:
College of Engineering, Maths and Physical Sciences and College of Life and Environmental Studies
- BSc (Hons) Applied Geology
- BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering
- MEng (Hons) Civil and Environmental Engineering
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science and Mathematics
- BEng/ MEng (Hons) Electronic Engineering
- BEng/MEng (Hons) Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
- BSc (Hons) Engineering Geology and Geotechnics
- BEng/MEng (Hons) Engineering and Management
- BEng/MEng (Hons) General Engineering
- BSc (Hons) IT Management for Business
- BEng/MEng (Hons) Materials Engineering
- BSc (Hons) Mathematics
- MMath (Hons) Mathematics
- BSc (Hons) Mathematics and Engineering
- BSc (Hons) Mathematics and Physics
- BSc (Hons) Mathematics with Accounting
- BSc (Hons) Mathematics with Economics
- BSc (Hons) Mathematics with Finance
- BSc (Hons) Mathematics with Management
- BEng / MEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Mining Engineering
- BSc (Hons) Physics
- BSc/ MPhys (Hons) Physics with Astrophysics
- BSc / MEng (Hons) Renewable Energy
- BSc (Hons) Geography with Environmental Management
College of Social Science and International Studies
- BA Flexible Combined Honours
This course is classified as a Pre-sessional course by the UK Border Agency.