Minimum entry requirements
- Minimum age: 18
- Italian level: A2: Elementary /
- Length of study: 12 weeks
- Lessons per week: 20
- Maximum class size: 12
- Typical student age: 18 - 35
Typical student mix:
49% European, 6% Far Eastern, 19% Middle Eastern, 26% North American
Dates and fees
- Course starts eachMon, excluding weeks that include Christmas, New Year
Tuition fees: 740.00 EUR
- Our admin fee: 49 EUR
- Enrolment fee: 85.00 EUR
- Internship fee: 900.00 EUR
- Other expenses:
This Italian plus internship programme includes four weeks of Italian language classes plus an eight week internship programme within the sector of your choice.
Language preparatory course
The aim of this excellent Italian course is to increase your confidence in Italian, help you begin to learn Italian if you have no Italian. The ultimate goal is to consolidate your knowledge and fluency.
Study is in a small group and covers all aspects of the Italian language. There is a particular emphasis on developing communicative skills in speaking and writing.
Each group is taught by two teachers a day in order to ensure more varied and stimulating instruction. Each level can be completed in 4 weeks. At the end of each course after successful completion of a test you can progress to the next level.
Classes are lively, stimulating and most of all enjoyable. Students are provided with useful vocabulary and relevant grammar presented in a modern and interesting way.
Students who have completed the Linguaviva Italian preparatory course are then eligible, (nationality restrictions apply), for internship placement in an Italian company, provided they have achieved level B1 language proficiency.
Placements are based on student’s qualifications and experience as well. Students can choose between Milan or Florence for their internships. Areas of internship include:
- Hotel sector
- Import / Export
- PR / Marketing
- Leather industry
- Arts and crafts
- Professional offices – law, architecture, accountancy
The school will help you with the following:
- Meeting with Internship coordinator to define details of work experience
- Selection of company according to your area of interest and experience
- Assistance with permit of stay procedures
- Interviews with the selected companies
- Monitoring and defining the agreement between you and the company
- Insurance to cover workplace accidents
- Appointment of a tutor within the company
- Regular monitoring and evaluating of your work experience
- Certificate attesting to your participation in the programme
How to apply
We advise students to enroll at least two months before their intended start date. You will need to send following documentation to us.
- Completed application form
- CV with description of studies, qualifications and work experience
- Letter explaining the reasons for participating in the programme
- Description of the type of internship you would like to undertake.
Activities and Excursions
Every month the school organises a daily programme of activities exclusively for you. The activities are designed to ensure that you will have the possibility to broaden your knowledge of Italian culture. The school also offers students the opportunity to visit some famous Italian cities.
Activities and excursions may include:
- An art historian will take you on excursions to visit museums, Visits to world-renown works of art and places of historical interest.
- Field trips are arranged to other cities in Italy or to local spots known for their beauty.
- Afternoon lectures on Italian customs and current events or watch Italian films.
- Learn how to prepare delicious dishes of Italian cuisine.
- Practice some sports
- Enjoy evenings out for dinner
Note: Some activities are free of charge others there is a small fee to pay.