Minimum entry requirements
- Minimum age: 18
- English level: A2: Elementary /
- Length of study: From 2 weeks
- Lessons per week: 30
- Maximum class size: 15
- Typical student age: 18-40
Typical student mix:
15% Turkish, 35% Far Eastern, 20% Middle Eastern, 15% European
Dates and fees
- Start dates:
Tuition fees: From 1365.00 GBP
Tuition length options
- Our admin fee: 49 GBP
- Enrolment fee: 95.00 GBP
- Other expenses:
This special programme gives students an insight into the world of aviation and an understanding of some of its terminology, whilst improving your general English language at the same time.
The course provides a useful combination of intensive general English and aviation English tuition. The intensive programme, adopting an integrated skills approach, focuses on general English language development.The specialised component of the course concentrates on extending the trainee’s aviation English vocabulary, whilst also improving the receptive and productive language skills, using a range of topic areas within the context of aviation.
General English module
This aspect of the course will concentrate on structure and usage, oral communication, vocabulary development and listening and reading comprehension.
Aviation English module
The course will focus on developing the necessary language skills and vocabulary required for communication in a variety of Aviation contexts.
It will help those interested in or working in the following sectors:
- Careers in the Aviation industry - pilots, air traffic controllers, engineers and other ground staff
- English for cabin crew
- Airline customer service
- Aircraft - types, structure and maintenance
- Airport - areas, layouts, equipment and planning
- Phases of flight - pushback, take-off en route and landing
- Language of flying - communication in the air and on the ground
- Theory of flight
- Emergency situations
- International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO)