Minimum entry requirements
- Length of study: From 1 term
- Hours per week: 21
- Maximum class size: 12
- Typical student age: 18-32
Typical student mix:
30% European, 40% Far Eastern, 30% Middle Eastern
Dates and fees
- Start dates:
Tuition fees: From 5650.00 GBP
Tuition length options
- Our admin fee: 49 GBP
- Enrolment fee: 95.00 GBP
- Other expenses:
The programme combines English language tuition and intensive IELTS exam preparation with study skills and information technology. In addition, you will learn about life in Britain and what is expected of you when studying on a postgraduate course at a British University. In short the Masters Preparation Programme is designed to prepare you for every aspect of postgraduate study.
English language tuition
Improve your language level through:
- Language development: reading, writing, listening and speaking skills, grammar and academic vocabulary.
- Intensive exam preparation: one IELTS exam fee is included in your course, GMAT is also available on demand.
- Weekly university style lectures: on a variety of interesting topics.
Develop essential academic skills including:
- Writing skills: paraphrasing and summarising, developing arguments and writing essays and dissertations.
- Presentation and seminar skills: preparing and delivering presentations and participating in discussions.
- Note-taking: identifying main ideas and making effective notes.
- Research skills: conducting and reporting on your own research.
Your progress is assessed through regular written and oral coursework assignments and the IELTS exam which you will take during the course.
Higher education advice
The school’s expert independent advisors will guide you through every stage of the university application process, from choosing the right course at the right university to completing your application form, providing references, writing your personal statement and dealing with replies.
Dedicated study area
In addition to the main learning centre, students have access to the university programmes study area, fully equipped with laptops and resources.