- Length of study: From 4 weeks
- Lessons per week: 28
- Maximum class size: 15
- Typical student age: 18-35
Typical student mix:
18% Asian, 32% Latin American, 12% Japanese, 10% European, 20% Middle Eastern, 8% Far Eastern
Dates and fees
- Course starts eachMon, excluding weeks that include Christmas, New Year
Tuition fees: From 1740.00 USD
Tuition length options
- Our admin fee: 49 USD
- Enrolment fee: 150.00 USD
- Other expenses:
Why choose a TOEFL iBT exam course?
- Improve the English skills you’ll be tested on
- Learn exam strategies that work
- Increase your confidence with practice tests and mock exams
- Learn which answers score highest
- Become familiar with the North American accents used in TOEFL
- You choose: part-time or full time
- Experienced teachers train you in examination techniques
- Access past papers and refine your skills
- Benefit from face-to-face motivation and personal learning plans.
Join a dedicated class of students all studying towards the same goal, and it's incredible what results you will achieve. The school’s teachers are experienced in giving you the skills you need to enter the exam room with confidence - and exit with great results.
20 General English, Exam Preparation, Business Communication lessons.
8 Elective lessons each week. Choose from:
- Grammar skills
- Conversation skills
- Presentation skills
- Business communication
Choose 1 or 2 electives per week. You can change electives every 4 weeks if you wish.
All lessons are taught the Embassy way, with full in-class participation, group work, pair work, and class discussions. Bear in mind that exam classes also necessitate a certain amount of solo work and mock examinations. Students are expected to be dedicated and to work to the best of their abilities.
You can be confident that Embassy’s professional, qualified teachers will respond to the needs of the class, using an assortment of learning materials and techniques. You'll be expected to complete daily homework assignments and sample tests.
Technology in the classroom
You will have access to the modern technologies on offer to help your language learning experience. These include interactive whiteboards and captivating online learning environments.
It is all part of bringing your language learning experience alive and ensures that your learning experience will be a positive one. All text books and materials are provided on this course. You may wish to purchase additional supporting books, although they are not essential.
Language entry level
The minimum level for joining this course is Intermediate, which is roughly equal to TOEFL internet-based test 55 - 70 (or approx 490 on the paper-based TOEFL test). Not sure what your English level is? Get an idea by taking this online test
You can expect to rise by approximately 15 TOEFL iBT points (or approximately 550 on the paper-based TOEFL test) per ten weeks that you study*. So, for example, if you begin as Intermediate and study for ten weeks, you can expect your new TOEFL iBT score to be 70 to 85.
British universities usually require a minimum score of 80 for entrance. Following the course, the examination will normally take place in a local test centre. Your school will register you.
* Applies to students who maintain full attendance and complete all homework and class assignments.